The Northern Guard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Northern Guard

this is the forum for the chapter known as The Northern Guard

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is this chapter still active?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hollister

Hollister

Is this chapter still active? Empty
PostSubject: Is this chapter still active?   Is this chapter still active? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:43 am

Greetings,

I am a poor pilgrim from the distant land of Barad'dun. I was curious if the Northern Guard are still active. The land seems a tad bit desolate... Shocked

Then again, I suppose they call it the frozen north for a reason. Rolling Eyes

I am not in your area, so I won't be able to meet at any practices or event; for now I am exactly what I said; a pilgrim.

In any event, may you find glory and honor in whatever endeavors you pursue.

-Hollister

Back to top Go down
Ymir
Admin
Ymir

PostSubject: Re: Is this chapter still active?   Is this chapter still active? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:22 pm

hey there!

as king of the northern guard i welcome you! yes this forum is fairly unused. we are a small group and as most of our chapter is younger, we spend most of our chatter on facebook.

if you even find yourself in our territory, we will welcome you with food and shelter! lol we welcome anyone from Barad'dun.

thanks for the visit!

Ymir
king of the northern guard
brother of Surt
Back to top Go down
https://thenorthernguard.forumotion.com
Hollister

Hollister

PostSubject: Re: Is this chapter still active?   Is this chapter still active? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:01 am

Thank You, Gracious and Noble King for your hospitality, you honor yourself and your Realm with your words.

I pray you, Great King, to grant me this boon. I am a pilgrim, and my pilgrimage is this; to learn more about the founder of my homeland, Barad'dun.

I never met King Surt, but when he founded Barad'dun he started a chain of events that impacted my life in a very meaningful way. I am only a recent initiate into the realm, but I have become Blood Brother to the War Wolves, and have joined the Royal Army.

Everyone I spoke to had nothing but good things to say about King Surt. He seems to have been a truly unique and wonderful man, an awesome friend, and an honorable leader.

I reread his old posts, and the decisions he made were insightful; he had a way with seeing straight to the point of an issue, and resolving problems decisively.

I wish I had met him. Know that Barad'dun still grieves for him, each in their own way. He will be missed, even by those who never met him.

Because of King Surt, Barad'dun was created, and because of Barad'dun I was able to quit smoking, and I made new friends, and got involved in something bigger than me. The more I learned, the more I wanted to know.

I pray that my words do not open old wounds; I am not here to cause harm. I just needed to get in touch with others who knew King Surt. I really feel that he had a vision, and for all the love he poured into his Realm, I just would like to help complete that vision.

You had a very special brother, King Ymir, and the effects caused by his actions are still being felt. He will not soon be forgotten.

So, now that my pilgrimage is known, this is what I would ask of you;

If it be possible, please, I pray you, tell me what King Surt envisioned for his Realm. If you know it, please tell it to me.

I am poor, I am new, and I am not as young as I once was. But I want to try; King Surt's tragic end broke my heart when I learned about what happened. And Barad'dun feels lost, and it lacks the focus it once had. All the old veterans agree... those who attend practice anyway.

Surt made life FUN for me again; I would like to repay him, if I can.

Thank You once again for your Hospitality, and I apologize once more if the subject I bring up causes fresh pain. Please understand, that my desire is genuine.

-Hollister
Back to top Go down
Ymir
Admin
Ymir

PostSubject: Re: Is this chapter still active?   Is this chapter still active? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Thats what we both loved about Dag. It brings people together. even people who have never met become instant friends. Dag bonds, and motivates people in ways i didnt think possible.

Although i never saw Surt actually being involved with Barad'dun, i can tell you what i know.

I know Surt would want everyone to be there best. By "best", i mean not just the best swordsman. but the best as a person. someone who wants to learn about Dag and learn to fight well. but at the same time, taking the time to show the next in line what you know. to pass on that awesome knowledge you've learned.

i know from experience that Surt had a way of keeping people together. when he started the original Northern Guard he left after a year to move to las vegas. A friend of his named Datura took over as king. but after Surt left, things weren't the same. we fell apart.

Surt definitely had something about him that no one can explain.

I cant really tell you what he envisioned for Barad'dun. but i can tell you that he would want everyone to stick together. to keep finding new people to play. to get better at fighting. and overall just have FUN!!!

As King of the Northern Guard and brother to the late Surt, i can tell you... that even as a poor pilgrim, you have it in you to be great.

and could i ask you to send your veterans a message?

let them know that Surt is still around us. whatever people believe in, the spirit of Surt will never leave. stick together, and if you ever have doubts about Barad'dun... just try to think about what Surt would do.

i know that i even have doubts about things in my life, but i always think about Surt. and how he would be pretty upset if i was letting things get me down. Surt went out and got what he wanted, and never gave up. He went down Fighting

thank you Hollister. if you ever reach our end of the world, you will not be treated less than royalty.

Ymir
King of the Northern Guard
Back to top Go down
https://thenorthernguard.forumotion.com
Hollister

Hollister

PostSubject: Re: Is this chapter still active?   Is this chapter still active? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:42 am

King Ymir,

I will be my best. I will never be the best warrior, but I will be the best person I can be.

I will never know everything, but I will always teach what I know.

I will not be a hero, but I will strive to be the champion you know.

I will remember to be safe, to be respectful, and to have fun.

This is my vow; that I can not promise that I will succeed, but I can promise that I will try my best to be successful.

To Surt, to the Realm he founded, and to myself; I will try.

This may sound melodramatic, and too some maybe it is. But to me it is personal. He really gave me something to strive for, something quitting an addiction that dominated 14 years of my life for. He gave me something worth working towards, a goal, a dream, a fiction made reality. He gave me an extra chance at life.

I will visit you one day, my friend. I promise you that.

I will convey your message, in word and in deed. It is not just what we say, but what we do. You have to mean it, you have to want it, and you have to take it!

Since my last post things have changed a bit. I am not just "Holllister the Foolish Peasant", I am also; a Royal Army Trainee, and a War Wolf Blood Brother.

I am also "Hollister with a Job!"

I wish I had known him. But, nevertheless, I will learn from those that knew him. And I will fight for the Realm that he called Home. Both yours, the Northern Guard, and Barad'dun, his Second Kingdom.

I am not the best - in fact, I am far from it. But I will always do my best, in character and in life. I am no hero, but I will strive to be heroic.

I can not promise that I will succeed, but I can promise that I will try.

Thank You, Friend and Family, Brother to Surt.

I will convey your words to those who will listen, and perhaps a few who do not! I will not let this greatness, this dream, this hope, be forgotten.

I am drunk on rum, but also on love. Love for an idea, a vision, a goal beyond me, beyond you; a faith in the individual, and the society it creates.

So, for the last, I thank you. Thank you for the words, and thank you for the dream.

The dream that was Surt.

Sincerely,

-Hollister
A Royal Army Trainee
A War Wolf Blood Brother
A Foolish Peasant
A Dreamer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this chapter still active?   Is this chapter still active? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this chapter still active?
Page 1 of 1